YouTube has removed 1.2 million videos in Bangladesh.

YouTube has removed 1.2 million videos in Bangladesh.

From October to December 2023, YouTube removed nearly 1.2 million videos uploaded to topics. This information was disclosed in a report by DismissLab on March 28th, last Saturday.

Google’s transparency report revealed that YouTube eliminated over 9 million videos globally from October to December of the previous year. Among the 30 countries listed, India had the highest number of video removals, while Bangladesh ranked eighth in terms of volume.

YouTube has removed 1.2 million videos in Bangladesh.
YouTube has removed 1.2 million videos in Bangladesh.

The DismissLab report further indicates that a majority of the removed videos, violating community guidelines, contained either harmful or objectionable content, accounting for 39.2% of the total. Content presenting a risk of violence or immediate harm received priority for removal.

Most of the removed videos were found to be potentially disturbing to child safety, with a rate of 32.4%. Videos considered harmful to children or promoting various forms of online abuse were taken down to safeguard their well-being.

YouTube has removed 1.2 million videos in Bangladesh.
YouTube has removed 1.2 million videos in Bangladesh.

The largest proportion of removed videos fell into the category of violent or graphic content, making up 77% of the total.

YouTube utilizes both human moderators and machine learning algorithms (AI) to identify policy violations.

However, AI made decisions regarding 96% of these removed videos. The remaining 4% were assessed based on complaints or recommendations from regular YouTube users or members of the ‘Priority Flagging Program.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *